Plane crystallographic groups
A plane cristallographic group is a subgroup of the rigid motion group of
the affine plane. Feeling lost? Check out this 60-pages-long
explanation (french only).
- Select whichever crystallographic group you please by pressing the
- Click and drag to draw a line. (Feel free to use your fingers).
- Press '+' or '-' on your keyboard to zoom in or out inside the canvas.
- Press 'b' on your keyboard to enter the quadratic curve mode. Notice how
the curve follows your cursor after you have drawn a straight line. Click again to
freeze the curve.
- Erase your mistakes by pressing the letter 'z' and redo them by
pressing 'y' (press 'n' to start fresh).
- Press 'f' to toggle the fundamental domain.
- Press the 'save' button to encode the drawn lines in the url. (open in
full screen and copy the given url to store the drawing)
The source code of this webpage is available here
Sacha Dhénin & Samuel Nalin, june 2018.